Source of raw data: NOAA Fisheries.
The seafood processing sector primarily corresponds to seafood canning and fresh and frozen seafood processing in the North American Industrial Classification System.
Read more at http://gomos.msstate.edu/msannualseafoodprocessingsales.html.
- Seafood processing created economic impacts exceeding 30 billion dollars in 2012
- U.S. seafood processing generated more than 200,000 jobs in 2012
- Commercial fishing generated more than half a million jobs in 2012
- Commercial harvesting of fish and shellfish created total economic impacts exceeding $13 billion in 2012
- Fish and seafood markets created total economic impacts exceeding $5.8 billion in 2012
- Agricultural Commodities
- Agricultural Economics
- Baitfish Aquaculture
- Catfish Aquaculture
- Community Economics
- Disaster Economics
- Economic Development
- Food & Seafood Marketing
- Horticulture Economics
- Macroeconomic Trends
- Marine Economics
- Marine Resources
- Nursery mechanization
- Postharvest oyster processing
- Sea Grant
- Shrimp Aquaculture